The RM of Weyburn was established in 1909 with the first office being located on 6th Street which was not far from our current location of 23 6th Street.
The RM of Weyburn encompasses the City of Weyburn, Village of McTaggart as well as includes the organized Hamlets of North Weyburn and Ralph. The RM of Weyburn has a variety of businesses, industries, agricultural and residential.
The R. M. of Weyburn is a diverse rural municipality in south east Saskatchewan. The R.M. has a land base of 839 square kilometers. Highways 39, 35 and 13 are the main transportation routes which run directly through the municipality. Additionally a CP Rail line connecting other markets to Canada thought North Portal.
Nickle Lake Regional Park and the Weyburn Golf Club are also situated in the municipality which provide recreation and leisure activities.