Election InformationVoting InformationCandidate Information | Campaign Information

Election Information

2022 Municipal Election

November 9th, 2022
For Divisions 2, 4 & 6

Running For Council

You are eligible to run for council if you are:

  • at least 18 years old on election day
  • a Canadian citizen
  • a Saskatchewan resident for the past 6 months
  • not disqualified from being nominated by The Local Government Elections Act, 2015 (LGEA) or any other Act, and
  • are eligible to b=vote in the rural municipality

Candidates require two voters to sign their nomination papers. If a Candidate is running as a Councillor, the nominators must be eligible to vote in the division the Candidate wishes to represent. If a Candidate is running as the Reeve, the nominators can be from anywhere in the municipality. The Candidate’s nomination paper must be duly completed, signed, and accompanied by the Candidate’s signed acceptance. 

Effective January 1st, 2020, a Public Disclosure Statement is required with nomination forms.

R.M. Elections

Elections for rural municipalities are held every four years in the fall.

2022 will be for even-numbered divisions

2024 nominations will be received for Reeve and Councilors in odd-numbered divisions,

Each council member holds office for a four-year term.

R.M of Weyburn No. 67 Candidate

Voting Information

You will need to know the Division you are an Eligible Voter in. This information is required on your Voter’s Registration Form. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE DIVISION YOU ARE AN ELIGIBLE VOTER IN, PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE. It is not up to the Election Official to tell you if you are an Eligible Voter or to tell you what Division you are an Eligible Voter in. This is your responsibility. And remember you are only an Eligible Voter in ONE Division and you only get ONE vote.

Who Can Vote?

A person is eligible to vote if on the day of the election, the person:

a) is a Canadian citizen;

b) is at least 18 years of age;

  1. has resided in the rural municipality, or land now in the rural municipality, for at least three consecutive months immediately preceding the day of the election;
  2. is the registered owner of property in the rural municipality, or property now situated in the municipality;
  3. is the assessed person with respect to property in the rural municipality, or property now situated in the municipality, pursuant to section 207 of The Municipalities Act;
  4. is the occupant of a trailer or mobile home in the municipality, or land now situated in the municipality, that is the object of a permit required pursuant to section 306 of The Municipalities Act;
  5. is the spouse of a person mentioned in 2-4 above; or
  6. is the chief executive officer of a duly incorporated co-operative, corporation or religious association that is assessed on the last revised assessment roll with respect to property in the rural municipality that is not exempt from taxation.

Each voter is entitled to vote for Reeve and for ONE Division Councillor.

What Division do you Vote in

The Tax Notice contains the Division in which you are entitled to vote.

The Division in which a person is eligible to vote in is determined by the first applicable clause:

  1. The Division in which the voter resides.
  2. The Division in which the voter owns assessed property, or if the voter has assessed property in more than one Division, in the Division in which the total assessment is the highest.
  3. The Division where the voter holds a permit as the occupant of a trailer or mobile home.

Valid Identification

To vote you must provide ONE valid identification with your photo, name and address. Bringing government issued photo ID is your best option. Other options include:
A valid Saskatchewan Driver’s Licence;
A valid Saskatchewan ID card issued by SGI or any motor licence issuer
Any other valid government issued photo ID issued by a Canadian government whether federal, provincial or municipal, or an agency of that government, so long as it includes your name and address.
A Canadian passport is not an acceptable form of photo identification because it does not contain your address. However, a Canadian passport can be used as identification if paired with another document that has your name and address on it.

Non-Photo ID Options
If you don’t have photo identification and are unable to obtain photo-ID before election day, you can present TWO other pieces of information, as long as both contain your name and at least one contains your address. Options:
Valid ID cards or certificates issued by the Canadian or Saskatchewan government, a Saskatchewan municipality or school division, a Saskatchewan Indian band, the Métis Nation of  Saskatchewan or an agency of one of these entities.
Personal correspondence, benefit/contribution statements and tax/assessment notices issued by any of the above entities.
Bank/credit union cards, credit cards and statements.
Utility bills and statements issued within six months of the date of the election.
Personalized attestation of residence, letter of stay or admission form issued by a seniors or student residence, long term care or shelter facility.

If you do not have any any of the above options you may have another voter vouch for you. Information can be obtained at the R.M. Office or at the polling place on this option.

More information on Voting can be found using the link below



Candidate Information

Running as a Candidate/Candidate Eligibility

A person is eligible to be nominated as a candidate in a municipal election and to hold office as a member of council if the person:

  • is at least 18 years old on the day of the election;
  • is a Canadian citizen at the time that he or she submits the nomination paper;
  • has resided in Saskatchewan for at least six consecutive months immediately preceding the date on which he or she submitted the nomination paper;
  • is not disqualified pursuant to The Local Government Election Act, 2015 or any other Act; and
  • is eligible to vote in the rural municipality

A person cannot be nominated or elected as a Councillor for more than one Division or a Councillor of a Division and Reeve.

To be nominated a candidate must submit a completed Nomination Form along with a completed Public Disclosure Statement to a nomination officer at the R.M. Office.

Nomination forms must be signed by two eligible voters of the Division in which the Candidate is seeking nomination. The candidate’s nomination paper must be duly completed, signed and witnessed prior to submission and must accompany the candidate’s signed acceptance along with a signed Public Disclosure Statement.


More information can be found using the link below.



Campaign Information

Election Signage

Temporary election signage can be placed in public right of ways. There are specific Bylaws that dictate where signs can be placed.

Zoning Bylaw 6-2013 – Section 4.33 Signage:

  • Temporary signs must be self-supporting and must not be attached to any municipal property such as fences, benches, bus shelters, trees, street light poles or traffic signal poles;
  • Signs shall not be located in such a manner as to impede the view of any pedestrian or vehicular right of way, or railway crossing;
  • Where a sign will be located adjacent to a provincial highway, The Highways and Transportation Act will govern placement requirements;
  • Election signage is permitted as temporary signage and is permitted only if it is erected no more than 30 days prior to the date of the election, by-election, referendum or plebiscite and removed 24 hours following the close of voting stations;
  • Signage not requiring a permit shall not exceed 1 m2 (10.76 ft2);
  • Signs which impede or interfere with the repair or maintenance work of Municipal employees on any property owned or controlled by the Municipality may be removed by the Municipality without notice.
  • Ensure you are in compliance with the election signage regulations from the Zoning Bylaw 6-2013.